Friday, June 24, 2005

URGENT

If you are reading this message you are either going on the Mississippi TORCH mission or you are interested in the work. I have named this message URGENT because there is a crisis in many of the areas of Honduras where we will be working.
RAIN TODAY DESTROYED 10 HOUSES IN SAN MIGUEL
RAIN TODAY DESTROYED SEVERAL HOUSES IN LOS PINOS
RAIN TODAY DESTROYED MANY HOMES IN VILLA NUEVA
MANY PEOPLE ARE HOMELESS!
Folks, if you have been working on raising money to build houses - please don't stop.
If you have raised money for your trip but haven't done anything to raise dollars for the cause - get to telling the story and asking for the funds that we'll need to do what God has planned for us to do.
Please pray for the people that are feeling hopeless and helpless right now. Pray that they will be comforted and that God will deliver them a home.
Thank you for your attention and your work on this need.
(possible ways to get people to give - skip a meal and donate the $$, fast for a day / with prayer and save the money, shorten vacation by a day and donate the $$$, sell something that you really like and donate the $$$ - knowing that you will be reminded that it was a real sacrifice)
God is good ... all the time - even in the face of darkness his light will always shine through!

2 comments:

Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Marc T, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on free wood working furniture plan I somehow ended up on your page. As your URGENT is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about free wood working furniture plan, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Marc T, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on power sander tool wood working, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about power sander tool wood working.