Friday, June 17, 2005

The Borger Girls

I just gotta let everybody know what is happening in the Texas panhandle town of Borger. That is the place where I grew up and where my folks still live. Last year over the Christmas holidays, I was able to speak to the congregation at the church of my childhood. I told my Borger church family about the work in Honduras and about TORCH. It was a great experience and the church donated enough money to build a house and even more important, one young lady had the courage to say that she wanted to be a part of our team.
Deborah Krug joined our team in 2004 and she is bringing 5 more with her in 2005. On top of just coming, Deborah, Shauna, Naomi, Breanna, & Lanetta (the Borger Team) & their supporters have raised enough money to build more than 4 houses and feed 20 families for a month. All of this has been accomplished by prayer and hard work.

More good things are happining this weekend.
Terri (my wife) & I will be travelling to Belpre, Ohio where I will be meeting with the elders and the mission comittee to discuss their potential support of Casa de Esperanza - our new children's home in Honduras. Our team will be doing some of the initial work on this project and we hope to have the home for little girls open by the end of 2005. On Sunday I will have an opportunity to speak to the congregation in Belpre to encourage their continued support of the work in Honduras and Central America. Please pray for God to open hearts and to guide my words this weekend.
37 DAYS
to 14 Great Days in Honduras!

No comments: