Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Monday Houses

Monday was truly a great day in Honduras.
Our team worked in Los Pinos. There were 3 houses built, a VBS team led by Vickie from Charlotte, a ministry for women led by Maria Phillips, bible studies led by Wesley & Cisco, a team at the hospital led by Amanda Phillips, a food pack team led by Terri, and with all of this - lives were touched.
The end of the day on the mountain was exciting as one man chose to become a Christian and many of the group were witnesses to the baptism of Philipe.
God is good, all the time.
Our evening devotional was full of heart felt praise and worship and we were able to share many thoughts on where we saw Jesus - in each other and in the many people on the mountain. Learning to see Jesus in our daily lives is one of the big benefits of working in a place like Honduras. We have removed most all of the distractions of the world around us and that allows us to take the time we need to see the Lord in the people around us.
So far we have built 7 houses, packed 500 bags of food (about 10,000 pounds), treated over 200 in clinics, talked to dozens about Jesus, and witnessed the birth of 2 new Christians.
Today we will work to build 4 houses in the same day - this hasn't been done since we started building floors - Pray for this work. Of course, we will have many other ministries going on at the same time.
Ending this morning, I'd like to ask all of you to remember Clare Carter in your prayers. She had a construction mishap yesterday (big bar on a small foot) and recieved 6 stitches. She will be fine but, just pray that she will be back in action very quickly.
Blessings &
Another Great Day in Honduras
marc

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Maria and Maria, my two favorite Maria's in the whole wide world.Maria Phillips from Ill. and
Maria Garcia from Borger, TX. I am thinking of you and praying for you and the entire Torch Group daily. Also, I'm wishing I was there with you all. I know you are doing GREAT and wonderful things, and ALL to God's glory.
With Love and Blessings to ALL,
Sue Tindall, Borger, TX.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering about Josue and his little family? Tell him his grandma
said hello and to send her pictures.
Mom T.

Anonymous said...

For the Starkville and Vicksburg groups, I'm praying for each of you each morning by name and for the whole Torch Group. Thanks so much to Marc for online updates and to Valerie for inspiring emails! I just put a 2004 Torch picture on my desktop to make me smile as I continue to lift you up.

Anonymous said...

AJ I AM THINKING OF U AND VERY PROUD OF U ENJOY THE WORK OF GOD THAT IS ALL AROUND U. HELLO CATHERINE AND EVAN, U THREE TAKE CARE U ARE IN OUR PRAYERS....GOD IS SO GOOD
LOVE U AJ
MOM

Anonymous said...

A bigggg hello and blessings to the Starkville/Vicksburg group. I am so proud of you all and the way that you are blessing other lives. Thanks Marc for the good blogging. Valerie and Todd miss you, but taking care of the boys here. I am praying for you all, all the time.
My love,
Pat Phillips--------------

Anonymous said...

Naomi Krug, I talked to your Dad this afternoon. He said to tell you he misses you and loves you very, very much. We all love you and the entire Borger, TX. group, as well as all of the Torch Team.
We think of you and pray for you often.
Sue T.

Anonymous said...

Doug Darden,
Its your daughter, wondering how you are doing. Just read the daily report abolut Monday. I hope the goal was reached with many blessings. It was wonderful about the man who became a Christian. I know many blessings and wonderful things are happening, you have our continued thoughts and prayers. To all of the TORCH members, keep up the wonderful work of the Lord, may you continue to be blessed daily, as I know that you already have been. Love you Daddy.

Tricia