Thursday, April 05, 2007

Notice For MAY

With May 1 coming fast, I just wanted to remind all of you that your AIRFARE will need to be coming my way!
By now you should have completed your application and sent a deposit. If you are behind on that, then go ahead and send your application NOW. We cannot get everything that we need to get done without an application. Even if you don't yet have a passport in hand, send an application and leave the passport number blank. We use the info on your application to secure your short term missionary insurance. This is important because we don't let anyone on a TORCH Team unless they have it.
Now - for those of you that haven't yet done what you need to do to get a passport - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Don't think you can wait till June to get this done. There are more applications for passports going through the process right now than ever. That means that it is going to take you 8 to 10 weeks to get your little blue book back in the mail. DON'T WAIT.
How are you doing on raising money to build houses and buy food?
Ask your rich friends and the parents of your rich friends if they would like to build a house for a family that doesn't have one. For $1,000 a family can have a warm & dry place to live.
Don't be afraid to tell people about what you are doing on your summer vacation. You will be amazed at the number of people that will support the work if you just tell them about the needs of the poor.
Have a blessed Easter.
Marc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Marc,

My name is CJ and I plan to go with the group from Borger. I am sorry I have not sent my stuff in yet.. I was saving up from working.. but I had surgery so people decided to help me out and I now have money for my passport and deposit... I should send the deposit in first since I won't be applying for a passport 'till next week sometime. I hope there is still a spot for me!

CJ

Anonymous said...

Also, if you would like to contact me other than on the blogpage, my email is "the_legend_of_cj@hotmail.com"

CJ