Thursday, August 11, 2005

Robin White's Comments

**** Reflections from Robin****

Hello Team!
Wow! We did it - we went to Honduras and are back and it almost seems like a dream to me!
I know there is so much that happened - oodles of fantastic memories were made; so many people were helped - physically and spiritually. We built houses! We played with lonely babies and children at orphanages. We prayed for and brought smiles to those children who were really sick at Hospital Escuela. We were a part of Bible studies that brought people to the Lord, not only in baptism but then also to a changed life of hope - of walking in the Light and then of Eternal Salvation!! How rich!! We got to witness weddings!! I loved making the cross necklaces with the children - boys and girls alike and well, women too, because each time it was telling a Bible story - The Story of Christ's Love! Thanks, Lowell, for once again buying those special gifts! And Jacob gave out lotsa cars - what a hit! And he made friends and friends and more friends!! And all you girlies -- what nice necklaces and bracelets you made for/with the children and beautiful pictures you colored, 'juntos' with the little ones. Kyrystal, you were so tough! Thanks for putting up with 'pee-pee' on the pant legs - not once but several times. Cuddling those babies was worth it, huh? And "my girls" thanks for looking out for 14 year old pregnant Jaimi and buying her groceries and just for loving her - you made a difference!! (you know that song "Let the Beauty of Jesus be seen in Me." ? well, you did! I saw Jesus and you were beautiful!) Ethan -- do I have it right? you have been a part of building 25 houses in Honduras?? You're the Man!! Also, Laurie fell down the steps in the rainy dark but, talk about attitude!! - bless your heart, girl, for being tough - those bruises were bad but you just kept on going and going, like that everready bunny! even with that rotten headcold! Jessi W., in spite of downright yuckiness with being sick, you were a leader and helper, thanks - again and again and again. Jessi Y., you're a 'roofer' girl! is that your new chosen profession? Honestly, isn't it soooo cool that you're helping keep the rain off those babies in the cold, dark nights? David, I saw you help nail down that floor, and you made some Honduran friends - great going!! Nancy, among other stuff, helping with that food assembly - what an awesome chore! (and it wasn't easy!) Allison tried to stay well and smiled even when she felt rotten - you done good, girl! Russ McC actually turned into a builder by the end of the 2 weeks - and before that, stayed soooo busy with evangelism! and my Lowell - forever the humble, hard-worker - was busy with whatever was given him to do...making kids smile, hammering, putting up lofts, fellowshipping with Hondurans and team members wherever he went...
I actually wouldn't change anything - even though I never knew from day to day how I would be used, I let God just kind of lead me and He always surprised me. At first I sometimes had to work on my attitude if it was something I wasn't expecting (which like was almost everyday) but then, after "sucking it up" and getting over my selfishness, I let God have His way and it was great! I am soooo glad I had exercised beforehand and been on vitamins and was ready because we never stopped! Yeah, echinecea and zinc! And I praise God for giving me the health and fortitude I had...
We had some "not so good happenings" too - so sorry for the several who got sick - Jessi White, Laurie, Allison and Nancy -- but Praise God! we had doctors with medicines available and that we had a comfortable campus if we had to stay out for a day (like about 20 + did various days, including our Allison) - but hey guys, you were in a safe place, there were real beds, water, showers, food, a roof over the heads, and plenty of people coming back within hours, includung 3 doctors with more meds if needed so, even staying behind you all were blessed... while allowing others to be out serving those who did not have doctors available normally, or their own roofs over their heads, or ever, ever water enough for showers, much less hot showers, or electricity, or beds - just pallets on the floor and the beds we built - they were wooden platforms! -- and never, ever enough food and some who had never been taught the gospel...Praise to God that there were those still able to go out and Praise God that they did!!
Well, everything wasn't perfect but it was Perfectly Amazing!!
My challenge to each of you is this: if you have to remember anything negative about our trip, write it down, take it to the Lord, and then tear up that paper in put it in the trash with the devil and his workings - don't give satan a stronghold in your hearts to ruin this trip - we had lessons on this already, but I challenge you to apply it!
There were so many Great things that we were privileged to be a part of and that is what should be coming out of our mouths and hearts - We saw so many terrific examples of servanthood during our time in Honduras. Now that we are home we need to bring the lessons home and bring them to life. Give up selfishness, crucify pride, allow yourself to be a servant where ever and whenever you are needed. Look for opportunities here in the states and allow God to use you up for Him!! We are soooo rich materially and spirtually, there is no room for "oh, woe is me!" Practice living positively - talk positive, walk positive, and treat others with honor. Work on being a part of those who make a choice to make a difference - that's what YOU have been a part of for the last two weeks and it was a God- thing!
I am soooo glad each of you were a part of the time there. I am moved and honored for having been a part of your team. Thanks!
I remain joyful
- Robin

No comments: