Monday, July 06, 2009

Disorder and Decisions

Here I sit in my home in Santa Ana praying for the peace of the day to continue.
As all of you know, there is unrest in Honduras and the result has been the cancellation of many of the TORCH Teams scheduled for Honduras this summer. We are holding the decision on the MS Team until Friday July 10.
We will need to see the country moving toward settlement of the issues that have created the unrest over the past couple of weeks. I believe that there is a 30 to 40% chance of this happening. I wish it were better than that - it just isn't. We are not going to bring a lot of folks here to work if there is any chance that the peace will not remain.
My heart is aching over this and I know that you too are anxious over the unrest here in Honduras. Please pray for the changes that we need to see so that we can make a smart and safe decision.
Be a blessing to somebody today!
Marc

No comments: